Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Agata & Valentina: 1505 First ave, NY NY



This is a beautiful gourmet grocery store that has recently upgraded and expanded their cafe, even adding outdoor seating. I shop here once in a while, mostly for the rubbing-elbows-with-upper-east-siders-experience and excellent customer service- but not for the outrageously high prices or crowded aisles. I sometimes go in for produce, some cheese and a piece of fresh fish, and walk out $50 later wondering where my money went.
The cafe however, seems to be from another world. The prices are totally reasonable, the service is super fast, and you can always get a seat inside or at the new outside tables. My lunch today was a delicious prosciutto, mozzarella, roasted red pepper, arugula sandwich on amazingly fresh baguette with a balsamic vinaigrette. The ratios of meat to cheese to bread were spot-on and the quality of the ingredients were superb. I had a peach ice tea to drink that was SO fruitylicious- not a chemically note to be found (like some other mainstream brands). This lovely lunch cost me around $8 and was worth every fairly-priced cent. I will definitely stop in more often now that I know what a perfect meal I can get there when time is an issue. It's only about 2 blocks from my apartment which makes it even better. Almost all of the seats are up against windows which makes for an excellent people watching vantage point. See ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment