Friday, June 18, 2010

Luke's Lobster: 242 East 81st st, NY (multiple locations)

When I heard that Luke's opened just a few blocks away, I knew I'd be giving it a try asap. I have to admit, my wanting to go was partly because I was skeptical, doubting that lobster outside of Maine was really worth spending money on. I grew up vacationing in Maine and Cape Cod and always look forward to those awesome side-of-the-road lobster shacks. Lobster rolls are one of my all-time favorite foods, but a sub-par one is a major disappointment. Well, I am SO happy to announce, these guys are FROM Maine! These rolls were phenomenal! Seafood barely dressed at all- just a perfectly cooked, simple pile of deliciousness on a lightly toasted bun. The lobster was definitely the best of the 3, and when I go back (which will surely be soon) I'll stick with that one. The crab and shrimp were great also, but to me, it's really all about the lobster when it's this good. The little express claws that came with the rolls were also fantastic- accompanied by a spicy, sassy cocktail sauce. I'm saving the blueberry soda and vinegar chips for another day. I'm sure they'll make a perfect snack one 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment