Sunday, May 9, 2010

T-Bar Steak & Lounge: 1278 3rd Ave, NY, NY

I was meeting up with my family for our annual Mother's Day lunch here and immediately felt comfortable in my surroundings. It is bright, cheery, hip and modern looking. It feels like spring. Our party of 10 was seated at a long narrow table and didn't feel at all squished, which I feel we often do in small NYC restaurants.  I was so pleased  to get a great corner seat by the window, such a cozy little nook with plenty of elbow room. I had a somewhat difficult time choosing my entree because pretty much everything on the menu appealed to me. A very good problem to have! My mother and I decided to share 2 entrees- score! We had the eggs Benedict (with spinach instead of bacon which I suppose makes it Eggs Florentine) and the turkey burger. Both were excellent. I especially loved that the burger had spinach and cheese *inside* of the meat like a little flavor-surprise, and was topped with caramelized onions. It came on a delicious roll with a side salad- the one disappointment was that it was simply iceberg lettuce with 2 tomato slices. Had I known that, I would have opted for the fries instead. For dessert, my sweet-tooth cursed family order a bunch of choices to share. The strawberry sundae and banana parfait were a big hit with us. The cookie plate was unremarkable. I didn't expect to like the banana dessert, but the crispy caramelized edges were pretty darn awesome. Everything we had was present very nicely, tasted pretty delicious, and cooked to our liking, except for one person's slightly overdone burger. To top it off the service was perfect. Not at all pushy or too-present, but there if you needed anything and very polite and patient. I will definitely come back here again, hopefully next time when the weather is warmer and the outdoor seating is set-up. Great find in the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment