Thursday, April 22, 2010

Barbounia 250 Park Ave S New York, NY


Went for a prix fix restaurant week dinner last night. I was meeting 2 others who called to say they were going to be 20 minutes late, but the hostess happily sat me at our table anyway- which was a pleasant surprise. I had a very girlie, but very strong cocktail as I waited, and was checked on (but not in an annoying way) a couple of times by the waitstaff. The menu was unusual and appealing and I tried things I wouldn't normally order...I figure, during restaurant week it's the perfect time to branch out a bit. All 3 of us loved our apps, entree, dessert and the delicious flat bread and olives they kept bringing. The service was gracious, knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The atmosphere, while a little loud, was open and airy and very tasteful. Looks like a fun place to come with a slightly larger party so that you can share lots of apps and grilled whole fish. I'll come back someday...After I finish trying the other 50,000 restaurants in this amazing city.

No comments:

Post a Comment