Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Barking Dog: 1453 York Ave NY, NY

This place is 2 blocks from my place which means I go there pretty often. The food is a diner-with-a-twist and has a comfortable (very dog-friendly) atmosphere. You can bring your dog to sit outside and they'll even bring over a cute lime green bowl of water for him/her. If I'm in the mood for a great big salad or the best breakfast around this is where I'll go. The homemade biscuit that comes with breakfast is scrumptious with a light honey taste.  Pretty good burgers also, though I do not recommend any of the other sandwiches or entrees I've tried. Stick to the salads or breakfasts and you'll love it. Or, on a hot summer night it's fun to go with a pal and share a delicious Haagan Daas sundae or sip on chocolate egg creams. I love to meet friends here to catch up because you can sit and chat for a long time and no one really bothers you (aka: pretty inattentive service inside year round. There is however, pretty great service outside on a gorgeous day when they want to move the people eating outside along in a hurry)

No comments:

Post a Comment